1. Al Rabeeh School Social Worker
Al Rabeeh School is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and appropriately qualified Female School Social Worker for late-August 2017.
Applicants must be:
• Fluent in Arabic
• Demonstrate a high level of spoken and written English.
• Must hold a relevant degree in Social Work or Psychology.
Applicants must also demonstrate:
• Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to care for our students
• Experience of supporting students in a school environment and liaising with staff, parents and outside agencies
• Enthusiasm and dedication
• Effective Communication skills
• Confidence in establishing open communication between students, staff, parents and outside agencies
• An ability to work across all Key Stages in a school
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Al Rabeeh School, is a successful, well-established primary school with an excellent reputation and was recently rated a Band ‘A’ School in an ADEC full school inspection. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Al Rabeeh School is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 6, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). The successful candidate will be a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to develop Al Rabeeh and ensure the students flourish.
Applicants must lead by example and take the lead role in the school’s pastoral care and support programmes. Successful applicants will need to be sympathetic with the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh, a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students.
• Competitive local contract salary (tax free)
• An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
• A supportive team to develop your career
• The opportunity to establish innovative practices
• The potential to lead a team of staff as the role grows
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter and photograph to the Principal and Director of Schools, Ms Alison Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate 'Social Worker' in the subject line for the email.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 8th June 2017, but interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.